J.D., University of Southern California,
Editor of Southern California Law Review,
Order of the Coif
B.A., University of California at Los Angeles,
summa cum laude
Daily Journal, Top 20 Boutique Law Firm of 2020, Complex Civil Litigation
Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
Super Lawyers – 2006 – present; “Top 100” List
Gregory L. Doll is a trial lawyer with 24 years of experience. He believes in the power and integrity of our jury system and routinely tries cases for companies of all sizes. As lead counsel, he has achieved victories in numerous high stakes jury trials, as well as arbitrations and bet-the-company injunctive relief proceedings, solidifying the firm’s reputation as a premier trial boutique. His successes include:
- Plaintiff and cross-defendant verdict after a seven-day jury trial in San Bernardino on behalf of a technology corporation in a case involving contract and tort claims;
- Defense verdict after a six-day bench trial in Oakland on behalf of corporation in a case involving alleged Proposition 65 violations;
- Defense verdict after a week-long federal jury trial in Los Angeles on behalf former NBA players sued for breach of contract and fraud;
- Defense verdict after a three-week state jury trial in Santa Clara against technology company involving issues of employment discrimination and retaliation;
- Defense acquittal after three-week federal white-collar jury trial in Los Angeles on behalf of executive facing 30 years in prison (a verdict described by the Daily Journal as “stunning”);
- Plaintiff verdict after a two-week state jury trial in Santa Monica on behalf of a corporation suing former employees for theft of trade secrets;
- Favorable plaintiff settlement six days into a ten-day state jury trial in Los Angeles involving a highly publicized celebrity partnership dissolution;
- Favorable defense settlement two days into a week-long federal bench trial in Los Angeles on behalf of high-net-worth investors sued for breach of contract and fraud;
- Claimant arbitration award after a week-long evidentiary hearing in San Francisco on behalf of a public company suing former employees for embezzlement;
- Respondent arbitration award after lengthy evidentiary hearing in Los Angeles on behalf of a private equity company and its principals sued for breach of promissory note and foreclosure on real and personal property;
- Individual summary judgment and denial of class certification on behalf of international pharmaceutical company in putative CLRA/17200 class action;
- Denial of preliminary injunction after day-long evidentiary hearing in Colorado state court on behalf of defendants in a “bet-the-company” intellectual property dispute.
Greg has extensive experience in copyright litigation involving a wide range of industries, including technology, fashion, motion pictures, television, music, art, video games, children’s toys, and herbal supplements. He has handled hundreds of copyright cases in jurisdictions throughout the United States and prides himself on providing his clients with creative strategies designed to end cases early and efficiently.
Greg has handled the defense of numerous class actions and routinely is called upon to defend CLRA, UCL, and other consumer claims.
Greg has handled numerous appeals, resulting in both published and unpublished opinions. After an argument before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, he received a special letter of commendation from one of the Justices on the panel noting his “excellent advocacy” and “special contribution” to the art of advocacy itself.
Greg received his law degree from the University of Southern California, where he served as Editor of the Law Review and was elected Order of the Coif. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of California at Los Angeles, graduating summa cum laude. Prior to founding DAE in 2004, he practiced law at the Century City office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher (1997-2002) and the Beverly Hills firm of Browne & Woods (2002-2004). He is the author of two novels, an avid surfer, and a performing musician.