Jamie Kendall is a partner at the firm. Her practice focuses on business litigation and intellectual property matters (copyright and trademark), servicing a wide range of clients in the technology, entertainment, health care, and financial services industries. Ms. Kendall has experience in all stages of litigation, from inception through trial (both bench and jury) in California state and federal court.
Recent representative examples of Ms. Kendall’s successes include:
- Securing complete victory for consortium of entity and individual appellees before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in matter involving complex jurisdictional issues (2020);
- Successfully prosecuting contract-related claims on behalf of "Big Four" talent agency, resulting in full victory after multi-day Labor Commissioner proceedings (2020);
- Second chairing seven-day jury trial resulting in complete verdict for computer and printer manufacturer plaintiff involving a variety of contract and tort claims and cross-claims (2019);
- Securing a defense verdict after two-week bench trial on behalf of corporation involving alleged Proposition 65 violations (2019);
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment on behalf of major pharmaceutical manufacturer facing putative class action consumer protection claims (2018);
- Securing arbitration award after a multi-day evidentiary hearing for private equity company and its principals sued for breach of promissory note and foreclosure on real and personal property (2017); and
- Successfully obtaining dismissals and/or favorable settlements on behalf of corporation related to third-party copyright infringement claims across a variety of industries (ongoing).
Prior to joining Doll Amir & Eley, Ms. Kendall practiced law in the Los Angeles office of Bingham McCutchen LLP (now known as Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP), litigating complex commercial and environmental matters. She has also served as a policy fellow at the Convergence Center for Policy Resolution in Washington, D.C. and a board member on the Young Associate Leadership Board of Public Counsel, the largest pro bono law firm in the United States.
Ms. Kendall graduated cum laude from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, with a B.S. in Economics, and went on to earn her J.D. from the University of California Los Angeles School of Law. A member of the California and New York State Bars, Ms. Kendall currently serves on the Board of Directors of Foster Your Dream, a nonprofit dedicated to providing foster youth and their caregivers with special events and opportunities.