Ted A. Gehring represents large, national companies and local businesses in a broad range of general business, insurance coverage, and employment litigation matters in State and Federal courts. He has over 20 years of litigation experience and has handled bench and jury trials, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, and TRO and preliminary injunction hearings.
- Handles complex commercial disputes, including breach of contract, partnership and shareholder relations, fiduciary duty, fraud, and tort claims
- Handles complex insurance coverage disputes
- Defends management in discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour matters, including issues regarding the determination between employees and independent contractors, in state and federal courts and before the California Employment
- Development Department and the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Represents clients in matters involving joint employment, including claims under California's wage and hour laws and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act
- Defends and prosecutes claims involving unfair competition and the misappropriation of trade secrets
- Advises clients on the enforceability of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, as they apply to individuals in California